Buying good domain names is necessary and a good technique in terms of SEO. How to buy a good domain name is not only a question of optimizing the SEO of your site but of finding the pearl which will save you a lot of time in SEO.
This article aims to guide SEO enthusiasts towards the best practice of buying domain for SEO. However, all recommendations and advice are also applicable for everyone wishing to have a start on SEO and ‘rank’ your site as soon as possible.
Why should I buy an expired domain name for my SEO?
If you read this article it is that you are aware of what a PBN (Private Blog Network) and what it can bring you in terms of traffic and SEO statistics, as much in terms of freedom and performance. This is mainly due to the control that you can have over your PBN compared to the purchase of conventional links. If you have no idea or only have one blog, it does not matter, having good practices and a successful domain name is useful for all website creators.
The purchase of a quality domain name is thus essential for your link building, and the quality of Domain Name depends only on the quality and the number of its backlinks. So if you want to reduce the cost of your PBN by choosing an inexpensive domain, you agree to go up more slowly in the ranking, which is not ideal in the case of the creation of PBN and could make you more expenses finally. If you really want an efficient PBN at a lower cost, it is better to invest a little more for a domain with a history of quality backlinks.
Good content on unreliable domains will not bring traffic, so if you make this choice on a blog network it will involve a lot of extra work for little return on your investment.
What criterias should you consider when choosing your expired domain name?
What do we want? An area that has not been used for spamming, that has many qualitative backlinks and that would be in the same niche as your merchant site.
In the event that your merchant site is in a niche, you want the domain purchased for your PBN to have backlinks leading to authority sites in the niche in question. Also you want your domain to belong to the network family and have backlinks from the same class “C” IP address. Be careful though that the backlinks come from diverse IPs so as not to be a too closed network.
In order to measure and qualify the backlinks that your domain would have you can use tools like Majestic , Moz or Ahrefs . To find out if the domain corresponds to your niche, Majestic’s ‘Topical Trust Flow’ tool can help you determine the activity sector of the sites from which your backlinks come.
These tools are a quick and efficient way to sort through the thousands of results that domain resale platforms can provide you, indeed it is the first step to identify twenty or fewer results that you will need to inspect. one by one to check what the different metrics are telling us. A step not to be overlooked for in this process, from this choice will arise many factors for the success of your PBN.
Check the quality of your expired domain name in SEO
So to check the quality of backlinks you should check the past of the domain using Archive.org (Wayback Machine) to get an idea of the usefulness of the domains. You will also conduct an audit of certain measures using the tool Site explore for Majestic :
- The relationship between the Majestic Trust Flow and the Citation Flow , in fact if the two metrics have big discrepancies it is a bad sign, a site which would be fraudulent would have spammed its links without worrying about its conversion or transformation rate d where the interest to study this report.
- The Topical Trust Flow also allows you to check a certain specialization of your field in your niche, if it represents too many different categories without obvious logical links, this is not what you are looking for in addition to being doubtful.
- The anchors of analyzed links also can indicate to you if it was sought for other supposed purposes than those expected. Then look for foreign languages unrelated to your niche or repeated mentions in classic scams.
- The backlinks themselves indeed you have to check that they come from diverse domains and not from a single domain, which would be problematic. It’s also about seeing the very content of the backlinks and seeing if the links are deleted on certain sites. In this case it would be a type of traffic generated that would not do “good” to your SEO and would ask you for more effort to go up.
- Finally checking on google its indexing can teach you more about the current state of the domain name, perform a search of the type “site: domaine.com” on google, if it is not indexed it is rather bad sign generally, either the domain has been penalized, will be deleted or has expired.